PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the website at www.lynxgolf.co.uk (the “website”). The website is operated by or on behalf of Lynx Golf Ltd (we, us and our). Our registered office is at Unit 17, Trade City, Avro Way, Brooklands Business Park, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0YF.
This policy (the “Policy”) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you via the website will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purposes of European data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law“), the data controller is Lynx Golf Ltd (trading as Lynx Golf).
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.lynxgolf.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
The following is a summary of the types of cookies we use on our site and the reason why we use them.
|_ga||Persistent (2yrs)||Used to distinguish users||Analytical|
|_gat||Session||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.||Analytical|
|_gid||Session||Used to distinguish users||Analytical|
Although all are not currently used on our site please see here for a full list of Google Analytical cookies and associated descriptions.
Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram Cookies
|c_user||Persistent (3mnth)||This cookie contains the user ID of the currently logged in user.||Analytical|
|datr||Persistent (2days)||Allow you to control the “Follow us on Facebook” and “Like” buttons||Performance|
|fr||Persistent (3mnth)||Allow you to control the “Follow us on Facebook” and “Like” buttons||Performance|
|presence||Session||A session cookie to check that the user is logged in a present||Analytical|
|personization_id||Persistent (2 yrs)||Cookie set to control twitter feed personalisation per user||Performance|
Disabling cookies – the effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you want to disable cookies you need to change your internet browser settings to reject cookies. How you do this will depend on the browser you use. These websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser: www.aboutcookies.org or http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your information
We will use the information that we collect:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our website under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our legitimate efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers for the purposes of assisting us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety.
Storage of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We retain personal data acquired from you via the cookies explained above in accordance with the functionality of each of those cookies and that cookie’s expiry period (as described in the cookie table above).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
You can exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this policy